Hospital at Home in Melbourne
First Support is an NDIS-funded business that provides admitted acute care service. NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) is a focused initiative by National Disability Insurance Agency that allows access-funded supports to individuals who qualify for it. When you are looking for a home care hospital service, you should look for one which has approval to provide NDIS support. Hospital in the Home (HITH) is a service provided by NDIS in which patients are regarded as hospital inpatients and are under the constant care of their doctor. It is for those who have means to stay at home and continue treatment as an inpatient. If the patient is clinically sound, staying at home can speed up the recovery rate.
Through Hospital in Home, our aim is to provide you care that you would otherwise get in a hospital. The hospital in home service also makes sure you remain under the care of the unit or ward you were in and nurses cater to your needs in this homecare hospital environment. The said nurses are linked to the home and hospital and give constant updates to the medical team about your needs and progress. The doctor will also visit your hospital in home at least once a week. People can be offered hospital in the home services in Melbourne if the healthcare team deems that their care can be delivered at home safely.
Hospitals and Nursing Homes in Melbourne
Hospital in the home service is not only voluntary but the charges for it are same as those for hospital inpatients. The services provided include but are not limited to:
- Acute wound care, like VAC dressings and burns
- Cancer care
- Chest infection treatment E.g., Cystic fibrosis exacerbation
- Antibiotics for infections that are intravenous
- Management of blood thinning medication (anti-coagulation)
- Peritoneal dialysis patient antibiotics
- Other specialized treatments of problems like heart failure
Following are a few points that outline what you can expect from First Support’s HITH service.
- You can be called once a day (minimum), and this may vary according to your care needs
- All equipment and medications needed during your stay at home are provided by us
- An experienced nurse will be available to you through the whole process whom you can contact at any time if you face any issue or are feeling under the weather.
- You must be always available to contact and it is necessary for you to be home during our planned visits.
- The said planning for the visits is done well ahead of time and the participant is provided a rough estimate of the time the officials will be there. If we are running late for any unforeseeable reasons, we will inform you about that as well.
- If your health declines at home, the HITH clinician can either examine you at your home or at the clinic. We can also facilitate hospital admission or presentation to emergency.
First Support aims to provide complete care and support to the disabled participants to not only make them independent but also enhance their lifestyle. For more information regarding our HITH service and other services, you can contact us on 1800 00 89 89 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.